Monday, November 21, 2011

Over joyed!

This one is going to be short, sweet and to a meaningful point!

I LOVE the holiday season. It is by far my favorite time of the year. With Christmas tree decorating, family time, no school work (only good thing about semesters) and the cheerfulness of the season, I can't seem to get enough of it!
Things I am thankful for/ am excited about during the holiday season in descending order:

3. Decorations: The colors for both Thanksgiving and Christmas are wonderful. They are more than just colors, but a statement of the spirit of their respective holidays. From autumn leaves as a center piece, to the tinsel that my cat likes to tear down, the festive nature of the decorations really helps make the season exciting and allows for family time. Decorations can also include, but are not limited to: the Christmas Tree, wreaths, seasonal candles, ornaments, stockings, turkeys drawn by the shape of your hand, fun table covers and

2. Music/ Movies: I will admit to being that person who begins to listen to Christmas music a week or so prior to Thanksgiving Day. From Michael Buble's Christmas album to the classic "How the Grinch Stole Christmas," these things never get old. I am one for tradition and hearing the same classic holiday songs every year gives consistency to my life. The holiday music and movies remind me that even though I am growing up and my life is changing, the tradition is still there.

1. FAMILY TIME: I cannot express how thankful and appreciative I am of my family. Family time during the holidays is unlike any other. There is extra happiness and a time to reflect on what we have as a unit and how lucky we are to have one another. Another reason I enjoy family time is because it involves the others two things I enjoy about the holidays. Being together with the people I love and sharing other things I enjoy doing with them is something I get pumped about come this time of year.

I know I'm not alone in my excitement for the holidays; celebrate with your loved ones, cherish what you have, put your troubles to the side and be thankful in the cheerfulness of the season.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and a happy start to the best time of the year!

1 comment:

  1. I also love this time of year! The colors are so pretty and the cold means my birthday is coming up soon :)

    ReplyDelete