Sunday, December 11, 2011

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas break that is! I am so thankful to only have papers and projects for finals. I can't be more excited to be home and with my family. I know that for most finals week has already been the biggest drag of the semester and I'm sure next semester I will be right beside them in that boat.

Since my ONU life has dwindled due to everyone studying and me working on papers and projects, I thought I would share with you some fun Christmas crafts and facts. As a mid-point in my procrastination to not work on my assignments, I found a couple sites and blogs that caught my interest and I would like to pass them along to you!


From Inviting Smiles, 15 fun facts about Christmas!  
  1. Christmas is a blending of the words “Christ” and “Mass”
  2. X-mas comes from the Greek X which means Christ
  3. The first Christmas card was created in 1843 England
  4. Electric Christmas tree lights were first used in 1895
  5. Coca Cola was the first soda company to use Santa in advertising
  6. Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer was created in 1939 by and for Montgomery Wards
  7. Of all holiday shows, “It’s a Wonderful Life” is the most shown on television
  8. Santa Clause first shows up in Turkey in the 4th century
  9. One of the most popular Christmas songs, “Jingle Bells” was actually written for Thanksgiving
  10. Christmas didn’t become a US national holiday until after the Civil War
  11. Mistletoe was used long before the birth of Christ. It was believed to be magical and used by the Druids as part of their winter celebration
  12. The needles of Christmas trees (pines, firs and spruces) are an excellent source of vitamin C.
  13. The most popular Christmas ballet is “The Nutcracker”
  14. The White House was first decorated for Christmas when Franklin Pierce was President of the United States
  15. Holly was originally brought into homes during the winter to drive ghosts and demons away during the long dark winters of Northern Europe.


Now that the semester is coming to a close and there is a really long break ahead of us students, here are my three favorite blogs which share simple Christmas craft ideas.
- It's a Creative World:
- Deck The Halls Of Home with Jolly: 
- See Jane Blog:

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and an even better New Years!

Happy studying and/or crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment