Saturday, October 15, 2011

I think I've lost my Marbles!


Hello. My name is Paige and I am an addict…. A YouTube addict. I have a problem with looking up videos to occupy my "(non-existent) time. This includes typing in keywords, funny sayings or topics of interest. While on another great time killing page, Facebook, I found a Jenna Marbles link. This link opened up a whole new world of video watching for me. 

Jenna Marbles is a mid-20s woman who speaks her mind about any and everything. Not only does she give her opinions, but she does it in a way that makes it realistic, applicable and completely hilarious. I have never spent so much time on a YouTube channel nor have I ever "subscribed" to one either. The thing I would like to touch base on is how powerful one person (i.e. Jenna Marbles) can be with a mere video blog channel.

Facts about Jenna Marbles: she posts every Wednesday, she has two small dogs, she has a Masters degree and has a lot of very influential and powerful opinions. After only three days of her most recent video being posted titled "What Disney Movies Taught Me," she acquired 1,239,243 views. Whether or not everyone who viewed it liked the video blog they still watched it.

To me, Jenna's channel is the epitome of a viral video. She gets instant hits and can get the word out there like no one else I've ever witnessed. My suggestion to a company PR person trying to get their name or brand heard: become friends with Jenna Marbles or any other highly viewed YouTube channel or blogger and get them to like (or even have a strong opinion for or against) what your company has to offer. I feel like with technology, social media and viral videos growing in popularity being friends with a video blogger can be more powerful than having a relationship with the local reporter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment