Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Twitted?

Twitter is honestly one of those completely love or absolutely hate kind of social media sites. Personally, I am not a constant tweeter. I will occasionally let my followers know what is going on, but nothing too intense.

Since I'm not a twitter fanatic, I really don't know what all it has to offer. Don't get me wrong, I know the basics like: tweeting, following, followers, tagging, and trending. Really though.... what else is there? Maybe it's just because I haven't taken the time to get to know the site like I have given facebook time, but I'm not sure if anything I have discovered has made me want to learn more.

I know one of the biggest turn offs for me on the Twitter site are some of those (very few) people I follow update me on EVERYTHING. From what I gather, Twitter is a site to share ideas, thoughts, frustrations, excitements, news, etc. I must have been oblivious to the other Twitter reasons: to have an audience know your every move. A perfect example: "Woke up", (15 minutes later) "Used the restroom and now my hands smell like the apricot soap my mom bought yesterday", (25 minutes later) "Eggs and bacon.. YUM!" OK, I get the point that those users truly love Twitter, but COME ON! If your best friend wouldn't want to hear these updates or care about said updates, your followers will more than likely not like them either.

To end on a happier note, I think I might start using Twitter for what it's there for and hopefully cut back my Facebook addiction by giving into another.

No comments:

Post a Comment